[pmwiki-users] utf inclusion - odd behavior.

Seth Cherney sethcherney at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 06:43:44 CST 2007

I am trying to include utf-8 Greek letters, letters with diacritics, and diacritics only
characters.  Using the cut and past method works fairly well.  However, the result is that, upon
save, some of the characters are save in the format Χ others are just saved as the
letter.  the diacritics are never changed to the binary(?whatever that is called?) version, but
remain as the diacritics.  I would like to force everything of any non simple simple latin
character to be converted to the binary(?).  can I do this?  (I receive indexing errors from the
Lucene search on even an extended dash like "–").
Thanks, Seth