[pmwiki-users] possible bug in notify.php

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Feb 3 17:04:46 CST 2007

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 05:32:18PM -0500, Neil Herber (nospam) wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 01:13:34AM -0500, Neil Herber (nospam) wrote:
> >>By looking at the detailed transaction logs on the mail server, I
> >>isolated the problem. During the SMTP handshake the MAIL FROM: is being
> >>filled with a bad address:
> >>
> >>< nospam at eton.ca>
> >>
> >What was/is the setting of $NotifyFrom ?
> >

> $NotifyFrom = 'x-wiki at eton.ca';
>
> Changing this made no difference, but changing the notify.php line did.
> I suspect it is some oddity in PHP 5 versus 4.

You may be correct.  According to the examples in the PHP
documentation for the mail() function [1], having the space
after "From:" is correct.  It also looks as though PHP parses
the headers before passing it off to the MTA, so you may be
right that your version of PHP is the culprit.

[1] http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

What version of PHP 5 is the system using?  Also, is this on
a Windows or Unix server?