[pmwiki-users] Default homepage

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 2 14:47:29 CST 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 01:32:09PM -0700, Bob Eagan wrote:
> I am also a fan of getting something in place so that I can do a link like
> [[NewGroup/]] and it will use the name set by DefaultName instead of
> defaulting to the same name as the group.

Noted.  :-)

> When I deleted the NewGroup/NewGroup page and copied the information over to
> NewGroup/HomePage (for example), NewGroup/NewGroup shows up as a missing
> page on the reference count page even though the links are NewGroup/ and
> don't explicitly specify a page name.  I assume this is all tied in to the
> hardcoded function but I wanted to let you know about it in case it wasn't.

It's not tied into the hardcoded function.  When pages containing
[[NewGroup/]] were last saved, PmWiki recorded it in the pages'
"targets" attributes as though they were links to NewGroup/NewGroup.
When you moved NewGroup/NewGroup to NewGroup/HomePage, the target
attributes are still out of date.  They'll remain that way until
each page is re-saved (so that PmWiki can compute the new correct
target).

Yes, this is arguably a bug, but coming up with a fix that works
in every possible situation is also likely to be difficult.

What I may end up doing is having an ?action=reindex operation that
can be performed to re-evaluate all pages and update their attributes
accordingly.