[pmwiki-users] Page Variable for creator, problem...

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Dec 21 12:45:58 CST 2007

Friday, December 21, 2007, 6:14:38 PM, Anke Wehner wrote:

> I tried to add a page variable that saves the creator of a page.

> $FmtPV['$Creator'] = $AuthId; - works, but of course saves the name
> I'm logged in with, rather than the one I entered.
> $FmtPV['$Creator'] = $Author; - doesn't work, and I have no idea why
> it doesn't, when the above works...

> I could use $AuthId, but I'd very much prefer $Author, so could anyone
> help me out here, please?

to tie $Author to $Authid you could try the following in config.php,
for loading the scripts and setting $Author:

include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
if ($AuthId) {
  $Author = $AuthId;
  setcookie('author',$Author,0,'/');
}
include_once("$FarmD/scripts/author.php");

Pmwiki has default Page Variables {$Author} and {$AuthId}, which will
display the current logged in AuthId and Author, so I don't know why
you want another one {$Creator} defined as $Author.
But I don't know how you want it saved. written when a page gets
posted as a page text variable?

The original author/creator of a page is not saved as  a special page
attribute, only as a part of the page history, i.e. the string of
authors who changed the page.

  ~Hans