[pmwiki-users] MarkupExpressionsExtensions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Apr 19 14:04:02 CDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 02:33:58PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> >> It would be very nice to be able to accurately store pagelists in
> >> PTV's.
> >
> >The phrase "store pagelists in PTV's" doesn't quite make sense
> >to me.  Exactly what text do you want the page text variable to
> >contain?
>
> [...] The text var then suddenly becomes the
> desired pagelist as soon as they hit the submit button:
>
> (:MyPageList: {(wiki pagelist group=Snippets Test fmt=#Titles)}:)

These two items don't match.  The first statement says to
me that $:MyPageList becomes a list of page titles ("the desired
pagelist" at the time the 'save' button is hit.

But the markup line says that $:MyPageList contains the
value "{(wiki pagelist group=Snippets Test fmt=#Titles)}", which
gets converted into a pagelist at the time that $:MyPageList
is displayed.

Which is it?