[pmwiki-users] New Acme recipe...

Roman romat2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 04:35:56 CDT 2007

> >> - Why all these names
>
> > I chose the Acme recipe name in deference to those who think ZAP is
> > not too far off from Wiley Coyote's various contraptions. There's also
> > a note on the recipe page someone sent me from wikipedia that I
> > thought was especially appropriate. Feel free to continue referring to
> > it as ZAP if you prefer. Or the Acme ZAPPER or whatever.  It's all
> > still the same basic code.
>
> For the record:
> Dan was asked by a number of list members to change the name of the
> new MarkupExpressionsExtensions recipe to ZapExtensions, and he
> answered:
> > If you wish, but it tends to get buried down at the bottom of the
> > list. I'd rather keep it here, [...]
>
> In a follow on Dr Fred C wrote:
> > So long as the pmwiki search engine continues to provide a rather simplistic
> > alphabetical listing without attention to relevance, the most viable option for ZAP
> > like projects to get proper (or improper) notice might be to consider an "aaZAP" name
> > change, or perhaps use the Roadrunner/Wiley Coyote line of reasoning with "AcmeTools"
>
> So we can safely give Dr Fred C credit for the idea to rename the ZAP
> page "Acme", and deduct that Dan's prime motive for doing so is to get
> ZAP to the top of pagelists in PmWiki. Since the cookbook sidebar is
> now showing categories using pagelists I suspect Dan felt ZAP will not get
> noticed enough.

You are right with Dan's prime motive to rename the recipe. ACME
recipe links to www.zapsite.org as a recipe support site. When you
search for "ACME" on this site you get only one page -
http://www.fast.st/zapbeta/pmwiki.php?n=Main/Coyote with a picture of
a Wiley Coyote - according to Dan, current maintainer of this recipe
(probably another personality he just found in himself).

Roman