[pmwiki-users] AddDeleteLine version 2.0beta2

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 22 14:07:58 CDT 2006

--- Nils Knappmeier <nk at knappi.org> wrote:

> I have made some changes that make the new version
> cleaner then the original recipe.

Wow, a very impressive cleanup indeed (both the syntax
and the Cookbook page!)

> Version 2.0 is however not compatible to version 1,
> since it uses different markup.

I think that it is well worth the incompatibilities.

Since you have been working on the recipe, I have a
few feature requests for it:

1) Allow multiple things to be appended in one pass so
that if a form uses radio buttons to allow multiple
items in a list to be selected, they could all be
appended at the same spot. (either on separate lines
or invent a template syntax to specify exactly how)

2) Allow a special input form markup, maybe (:adl
pagebottom:) and (:adl pagetop:), which cause stuff to
be ap/pre-pended to a page even if there is no (:adl
append|prepend:) on the page.  Maybe to be turned on
at the admins request?

3) An option to filter out blanks entries (especially
valuable with option #1 if using multiple textboxes
with the same name.)

4) This one is probably a no-go, but I figured I'd
mention it anyway.  Specify a trail in the input form
and add the specific data to ALL the pages on the
trail!

As you can see, I have big plans for this nifty
recipe. :)

Thanks for your creation,

-Martin