[pmwiki-users] read access password question

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 11:22:37 CDT 2006

Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 8:01:10 PM, Hans wrote:

> Wednesday, September 6, 2006, 7:34:56 PM, Patrick wrote:

>>> For me the sidebar pagelist only works if I am authenticated as
>>> admin, but does not work if logged in with the read password.
>>> Is this normal?

>> It shouldn't make a difference.

> Then something is wrong with the setup :-(

A further test reveals this:
Having a general read password set in config.php will result in the
behaviour i am observing, i.e. no groups showing at all in the
pagelist when logged in with a page or group read password,
not even the current group or any othe rgroup with the same read
password.
Having no general read password set everything works fine.

Should this be like this? It strikes me a little odd. I would need to
set for all groups read passwords individually with GroupAttributes.

Hans