[pmwiki-users] Backlist show only links last edited on the same machine?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 4 15:27:45 CDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 02:52:17PM +0800, adamhj wrote:
> On 9/4/06, adamhj <adamhj.cn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > days ago i posted my problem(you can find it at
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/31181/focus=31181),
> > but at last it's still unsolved.
> > [...]
> > pmwiki version 2.1.17
>
> once more, i found something strange. it seems the pageindex is
> corrupted as i found duplicate index of same page in it(two line with
> the same pagename before the first colon). after i delete it and
> pmwiki rebuild it, backlinks seems work fine, but after some editing,
> it corrupts again...i'm not sure where is the problem, i just guess
> that it refers to utf8 support(i'm from china and using chinese in my
> documents).

I don't think utf8 support is entirely causing the problem, but
versions of PmWiki prior to 2.1.19 did have a bug in the
pageindexing that could cause things to index improperly.
I don't think it was enough to corrupt the page index, as you've
described, but it was at least not entirely up-to-date.

So, you might try upgrading to 2.1.19 and see if that solves the
issue.

However, a corrupt pageindex really doesn't explain why you're
seeing different results depending on the host being used to
access the site.  There has to be something else affecting the
configuration here.