[pmwiki-users] Using .htpasswd?

Michael Brenner mik.admin at nurfuerspam.de
Sat Oct 28 07:15:43 CDT 2006

Hi Jason,

I'm not sure what's your problem exactly, so I suggest two possibilities.

What is in your ".htpasswd"
test1:test
test2:xpe1zRdjOlAhE

As far as I know in past windows/apache did not do password-hashing. Also SHA1
might be used for hashing instead of MD5 (currently default). What hash do
you get for "test"? For test2 password is test, too.

Modifing(?) AuthUser.php is not needed. You might have this in
"local/config.php".
$AuthUser['htpasswd'] = 'local/.htpasswd';
include_once('local/.htpasswd');