[pmwiki-users] Is it time for a pmwiki-devel list?

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Fri Oct 27 21:25:53 CDT 2006

On 10/28/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> I totally agree that having a single list has highly beneficial to the
> community, as this exposes non-technical users to the technical discussions
> (and has raised the overall community standard).  I'm hoping that most
> people will subscribe to both.

I really don't see the problem with the split.

Those who prefer one list just subscribe to both and filter them in
the same direction as you do now.  Those who prefer to filter them
differently can.

Newbies would be directed to -users with its reduced flow, whereupon
they would soon discover the existence of -devel and subscribe as they
saw fit.

Everybody wins.

The only contention I would make is that ALL discussion related to
beta releases should be on -devel.  For a start, daily (or more
frequent!) 'new release' announcements for all the betas would be
intimidating for a new admin!

--
Allister