[pmwiki-users] Standalone Problems

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Sun Oct 15 15:42:25 CDT 2006

XP does contain a version of Internet Information Server, but it's not
installed by default. It's possible that you may have installed another
application that requires IIS - possibly the file indexing system. I
don't have XP here so can't tell you exactly what you should be looking for.

Is Abyss running on port 80? If it is you probably don't have IIS running.

Something else you could try is to run the standalone version of PmWiki
on a  non standard port e.g. 8080. The you could access your wiki via
http://localhost:8080 I'm afraid I don't know how to run the stand alone
server on port 8080, but I am sure PM could advise.

Ian.