[pmwiki-users] Standalone Problems

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Oct 15 11:28:11 CDT 2006

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 02:58:25PM +0200, G H wrote:
> Novice user here. While browsing I found PMwiki and wanted to
> implement my personal notebook with it on my local pc.
> --start--

> <b>Warning</b>: socket_accept<> unable to accept incoming connection
> [0]: Ein ungueltiges Argumet wurde eingegeben (translation: no valid
> argument).

This sounds as though there's a webserver of some sort already running
on your local PC (on port 80), so the standalone server isn't able to
run.

Perhaps I should update the standalone code so that if it's
unable to grab port 80, it picks a different port and changes the
configuration to match...

> Alternative:
>
> So I tried an alternative by installing Abyss Webserver X1 with php 5.
> Works fine but I do not have the knowledge on how to get to my wiki.
> Opening php files with dreamweaver does not seem to be the way...

I'm not familiar with abyss, but essentially you should just do
a normal installation of PmWiki into the document root for the
Abyss webserver, and things should work from there.

Hope this helps,