[pmwiki-users] WikiTrail AddDeleteLine

Nils Knappmeier nk at knappi.org
Tue Oct 3 19:38:25 CDT 2006

Martin Fick schrieb:
> --- Nils Knappmeier <nk at knappi.org> wrote:
>

>> Could you setup example for this use case at
>> http://www.knappi.org/v2/index.php/Adl2/Adl2
>> That would be great, because I'd like to test the
>> unstable version, so  that it can be released as
>> stable some time.
>>

> Done:
> http://www.knappi.org/v2/index.php/Adl2/TrailExample
>
> One extra thing I noticed, it puts each entry on its
> own line.  I guess that might be needed in order to
> add the buttons.  I originally forced authors to put a
> \n in their template if they wanted a newline so as to
> allow them to create entries without the newline
> (maybe to make a table row...)

 From my intuition, if should be either

1) A complete copy of the whole record, _with_ a newline, or
2) an enumeration of all values in the same record, seperated by commas
or something like that.

For the second choice, I was thinking about a different markup that
allows to specify the seperator.
If I think about it, maybe it should actually be {name*} for choice
1,which is currently {name[]}
and {name[separator]}

So that  (:adl template "{name[;]} is all {sort}":) becomes "Apple;
Banana; Pears is all Fruit", if
$_POST['sort'] = 'Fruit' and $_POST['name'] = Array("Apple", "Banana",
"Pears").

So far nobody wanted anything like this though.

Nils