[pmwiki-users] RFC- Database access via cookbook - agnostic? Re: SelectQuery development: database records as pages?

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sun Oct 1 07:24:25 CDT 2006

On Oct 1, 2006, at 7:09 AM, marc wrote:

>> So essentially I'm asking cookbook authors if we can all agree on one
>> database abstraction layer for PmWiki -- for use when we're going to
>> deal with external databases.  It would be quite helpful if we all
>> agreed, and greatly extend the cookbook's support for a variety of
>> data sources.
>
> You have my vote.

Oh,

I'm also willing to help cookbook contributors figure out either
ADOdb or how to utilize object-oriented class calls and
"methods" (i.e. functions).

I plan to start giving "Practical Web Programming" classes local to
me.  Eventually I may open up an online course for the same.  In case
anyone is interested "local to me" is Orange County New York, where
I'm a member of several professional associations and would love to
hear about any PmWiki fans (or soon-to-be fans ;) ) in my area.

Feel free to ask if you don't "get" classes and how to use them.  I
went from programming Basic/Pascal/Fortran/DBase3+ etc. to PHP -- and
it still took years for me to "get" objects.  Now I get them. :)  I'd
love to help others.

Crisses