[pmwiki-users] Automatic author name

Jason jason at jason-jarvis.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 12:40:37 CST 2006

I would like to have the author name auto populated when editing but do not
wish to have a full blown user autentication system.

I would like to be able to set a cookie which is then used in the edit page.

I have created a page which checks if the cookie exists, and if it does not,
the user is asked their name and then redirected to the pmwiki. If the
cookie is already set then the redirect occurs without asking.

I have set the name of the cookie and the value to $Author and also tried
$AuthId hoping that this would be picked up but am having little success.

Can anyone offer any advice on what I am trying.

Thanks