[pmwiki-users] I-Frames in PmWiki?

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Sat Nov 11 17:19:03 CST 2006

On 2006-11-11 The Editor is rumoured to have said:
> I'm very open to other suggestions. I've found chat isn't too fun if
> it doesn't refresh automatically.

Why not just use a meta-refresh on the page? Depending on how long your
chats become (and how frequently you refresh), I don't think the load
will be that significant.

If the page hasn't changed since the last refresh, it will be refilled
from the browser cache. Any time someone posts a "chat line" they will
get a new page anyway.

Unless someone is on dialup or a mobile device it should work fine.

--
Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/