[pmwiki-users] ZAP checklist for categories

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Nov 10 07:39:59 CST 2006

On 11/10/06, Jiri Hladůvka / OBUTEX <admin at obutex.com> wrote:
> Hi Caveman,
>
> in my snippets for creating article I use
> (:cellnr:)Categories:\\
> (:pagelist group=Category name=-Category,-*Changes,-Group* fmt=#list
> order=title:)
> (:input hidden hidetagsfmt "[[!ITEM]]^ | ":)
> (:input hidden unprotect hidetitle,...,hidetags:)
> (:input hidden savedata "hidetitle,...,hidetags":)
>
> and a pagelist template
>
> [[#list]]
> (:input checkbox hidetagslist[] {=$Name}:)'-{=$Title}-' '- ''({=$Description})'' -'\\
> [[#listend]]
>
> to let the author to choose categories for the new article.
> It works fine.
>
> But still I cannot find the way how to display the categories checkboxes
> and refresh the saved categories in the form when the author decides to
> change something.
> I want to give him a possibility to add a category or to remove a category
> to/from the checklist. I dont want him to get empty checkboxes to fill
> them every time when editing the page.
>

> Would you help me with that.

You could try putting a conditional in the pagelist template as it can
read the text variable for that page (on/off).  If on, put (:input
checkbox hidetagslist[] {=$Name} checked:).  If not, leave unchecked.
Yes that should work...  Let me know if you can do it.  I need
something similar.

I have notes on a plan for a new markup (:ZAParray:) which would make
something like this easier, but may be a few days before I can get
around to it. And not sure I really need it yet.  I'm hoping Pm will
build something for this this into the new forms script when he gets
those done.  That would make a lot of things on ZAP much easier.

Cheers,
Caveman