[pmwiki-users] Making a domain name a wiki page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun May 28 13:49:28 CDT 2006

On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 05:39:57PM +0200, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> >I'm presuming that we wouldn't allow dots in group names, just page
> >names?
>
> I haven't thought about that, but why wouldn't we want to allow that?

Consider the customization file  local/LyxRevision1.3.1.php .

Is this customization file for...
   the group named "LyxRevision1.3.1"?
   the page named "3.1" within the "LyxRevision1" group?
   the page named "1" within the "LyxRevision1.3" group?

So, if we allow dot in group names, we have to have some useful
separator that can be used for per-page customizations.
(Yes, we could say that per-page customizations are placed in
per-group customization subdirectories, but that's a bit of
extra work for the administrator, and it may invite even more
confusion between filesystem names on disk and url paths in the wiki.