[pmwiki-users] preformatted text block *with* formatting? (bug in [ <at> .. <at> ] ?)

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Thu May 25 17:40:08 CDT 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 03:32:22PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> Pico provided a thoughtful and helpful reply, and your reply to him
> was inappropriately contentious.

It was thoughtful for the subject, but it ignored the questions I had
raised.  Kindof like if you say "Who won the last football game?" and the
person gives you a Wikipedia entry for football.  On topic, relevant, but
doesn't answer your question a single bit :-(

> > 1. My original report that BasicEdit is misleading
>
> Keep in mind that the BasicEditing page is about *basic* editing with
> examples of many of the common markups.  It's not supposed to be a
> comprehensive list of markup examples because that would be
> overwhelming.

Yes, but the matter as described is inaccurate or misleading.  Just because
it's *basic* doesn't mean that wrong answers should be given there.

> Note that Pico, when he sees an inadequacy in the documentation,
> improves the page.  He's even written some documentation pages from
> scratch and completely rewritten others.  He's the most recent editor
> of about twenty pages in the PmWiki group on pmwiki.org.
> Instead of just "reporting" about the documentation, take action and
> edit the BasicEditing page to clarify the examples you find unclear.

First I need to be certain of what I'm talking about.  Which is why I ask
questions when two different pages disagree on what a tag does.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek