[pmwiki-users] How to use RSS instead of mailposts

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue May 23 08:46:49 CDT 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 11:25:26AM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Now even with a "dynamic" bookmark, all I can do is to open the pages of
> the feed in different tabs.
> What I'd really need is a list of pages, and Firefox informing me which
> of them have changed since I last looked.
>
> What am I missing?

The "RSS" way to do this is to set up the list of pages to be
watched as a trail, and then use:

    .../wiki/Group/WatchTrail?action=rss&order=-time

This provides a feed where the most recently changed pages in the
trail appear at the top of the feed.

> (I'd greatly prefer mailposts anyway - I get all news that I'm
> interested in via mail. Setting up RSS as a separate information stream
> means I have to check *two* places for changes, the Inbox and the RSS
> reader. Ah well...)

I'm still working on the mailposts upgrade and notify capabilities
that were discussed on the list in February and Match -- I may be
able to complete those this week.