[pmwiki-users] Inclusion of PHP file in template: $title is missing

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Sat May 20 09:49:45 CDT 2006

At Sat, 20 May 2006 09:01:44 -0500,
Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Right, because filenames aren't urls.  A url is something that
> a browser uses to locate a resource on a webserver.  However, the
> <!--file:...--> doesn't run from a browser, it's being processed
> by the PmWiki application on the local server.  Thus you need to
> specify a filesystem path name, not a url.
>
> Try  <!--file:{$SkinDir}/logo.php--> instead.
>
> [...]
>
> Despite the way they look, these aren't global variables -- they're
> "page variables".  For example, $Title and $FullName depend on the
> page being referenced (the value of $Title in a link to SomePage is
> different from the value of $Title for the current page).

Thanks for clearing that up.

Am I right in assuming that in the template, though, both markup
variables [1] and customization variables [2] are available?

If yes, then this should be mentioned on <URL:http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki
/PmWiki/SkinTemplates>.

[1] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/MarkupVariables

[2] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Variables