[pmwiki-users] Inclusion of PHP file in template: $title is missing

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat May 20 09:01:44 CDT 2006

On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 11:30:18AM +0200, Felix E. Klee wrote:

> * If I include the file using the line
>
>     <!--file:{$SkinDirUrl}/logo.php-->
>
>   that does not work.  In fact, as it looks, specifying a complete URL
>   as path for the file seems to fail.

Right, because filenames aren't urls.  A url is something that
a browser uses to locate a resource on a webserver.  However, the
<!--file:...--> doesn't run from a browser, it's being processed
by the PmWiki application on the local server.  Thus you need to
specify a filesystem path name, not a url.

Try  <!--file:{$SkinDir}/logo.php--> instead.

> * As seen by the output of the included PHP file, the array $GLOBALS
>   does not contain either of the variables $Title, $Titlespaced, or
>   $FullName.  Thus, I don't seem to be able to find out which page is
>   currently being displayed from within the PHP file.

Despite the way they look, these aren't global variables -- they're
"page variables".  For example, $Title and $FullName depend on the
page being referenced (the value of $Title in a link to SomePage is
different from the value of $Title for the current page).

Use the PageVar function, as in:

    $title = PageVar($pagename, '$Title');