[pmwiki-users] Upgrades for a dumb user

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Thu May 11 09:40:50 CDT 2006

Time has come for me to make the first pmwiki upgrade.
It might well be easy, but I cannot understand the instructions
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Upgrades
If I take (no text commands available, just graphical interface) the
"pmwiki-x.y.z" folder and copy it over my existing "wiki" folder, it
will overwrite eveything. I don't feel at ease.
Perhaps should I open every folder and copy all the single "files",
and just copy the files, not the folders? And for every folder within
other folders, open it and copy the files?
As files are many, and nested folders also, I'm afraid to make a mess.

Thank you
Luigi