[pmwiki-users] Wiki trails: feature/change request

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Sun Mar 26 11:57:11 CST 2006

At 2006-03-26  11:33 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>So, perhaps these are really page variables, and {TrailPage$Prev}
>and {TrailPage$Next} are what we're really after...?  Then we
>get:
>
>     [[{TrailPage$Prev}]] • [[TrailPage]] • [[{TrailPage$Next}]]
>
>It's not as pretty, but it's more consistent.  We also get the

I like this idea, though I am quite a newbie when it comes to trails.

If the markup becomes page variables, is it possible to do "things" to them?

I was thinking my my truncation mod could become something like:
left({TrailPage$Prev},20)
(although I would be quite happy with a config.php setting)

Or you might be able to test things like:
(:if !exists {TrailPage$Prev}:) This is the first page on the
[[TrailPage]] path through this wiki ....  (:if end:)

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668