[pmwiki-users] Minor question regarding the definition of "Wiki farm"

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 16:21:57 CST 2006

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Neil Herber wrote:

> At 2006-03-20  05:33 PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com is
> rumored to have said:
> >Is this a wiki farm?  Or does wiki farm actually imply the use of
> >local/farmconfig.php, $FarmD etc? I have a sneaky feeling that there's
> >more to a "proper" wiki farm than what I just described.
>
> I am going into weasel-mode here.
>
> The WikiFarms page in the docs is intended to show *only* one way of
> creating a farm. The approach you are advocating...

Oh, I'm not advocating it, I'd definitely recommend installing a "normal"
wiki farm instead of doing it with links etc! I've tried it like that and
a normal wiki farm is much easier to maintain.

This was just an example to see if it fit what we mean with a farm. If it
doesn't, it might indicate the explanation of the term "wiki farm" should
be made slightly different.

regards
/Christian - not sure if he's splitting hairs here... ;-)