[pmwiki-users] Concept, Task and Reference

Bellave Jayaram bellavejayaram at cox.net
Fri Mar 17 02:25:21 CST 2006

I have been slowly adding content to the PmWiki site by adapting the core
principles of DITA. Although I don't yet have a gentle introduction to DITA
for PmWiki authors, I will try to explain things as I go along.

Basically, DITA advocates hierarchy of information types and specialization
as required. At the highest level of information type, we have "topic".
Under "topic" there are 3 different types of "topics" - For ex., I have
created these pages in the PmWiki group on pmwiki.org as follows:

Concept - this is a kind of glossary except that it is very generic in
nature and thus it is common to all audiences

Task - this is a chunk of information that relates to a task in the PmWiki