[pmwiki-users] UserAuth versus AuthUser

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 07:20:17 CST 2006

On 3/16/06, Sebastian Pipping <webmaster at hartwork.org> wrote:

> Is there a comparison of these two somewhere?
> I'm still not sure when to to use which
> and what benefits which one has.

You're not the first to ask.  I'm no expert, but maybe this will help get
some more responses going:

* Because AuthUser is the PM-created product, and included with the core
distribution, it makes sense to give AuthUser your best shot before putting
time into UserAuth.

* At least on my older, V2.0.12 wikis, UserAuth breaks the ?action=attr
method; the two don't work together, where-as AuthUser and ?action=attr
co-exist quite nicely.

* PM continues to develop AuthUser - he says he's going to add features that
will allow users to self-register.

HTH