[pmwiki-users] 2 questions: NewPageBoxPlus and Forums

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 02:08:30 CST 2006

Wednesday, March 15, 2006, 6:01:12 AM, Philip wrote:
> Is there a way to make sure the new page is created in the current
> group, without the user having to type the group name into the box?

This has come up several times, and is perhaps the most annoying bug
of newpagebox and newpageboxplus. Frankly, I don't have a solution. It
needs a brighter mind to fix this. The underlying problem is the way
pmwiki evaluates page names, if it finds the name exists as a page in
a different group, it directs to that. So the base= parameter is not
honoured in this case. Perhaps Pm can come up with a  solution.

> Forums:
> I want users to be able to create a forum in any group, which
> "forumstyled.php" doesn't appear to allow (without access to config
> file).

This question was discussed recently on the Cookbook/SimpleForum page.

To make sure to get the right message on top of new forum topics I suggest
you edit forumstyled.php and comment out the code block at the top
lines 16 to 26, and add the following:

$DefaultPageTextFmt = '(:if !group *Forum :)(:include
$[{$SiteGroup}.PageNotFound]:)
(:if group *Forum :)Compose message, add author name, and click
post(:if:)';

This will change the message for all groups ending with Forum, but
give the standard PageNotFound message to any others. So you can have
groups like ChessForum, TennisForum etc. Just make sure that each new
forum is in a group ending with the word Forum.

Best,
~Hans