[pmwiki-users] 2 questions: NewPageBoxPlus and Forums

Philip Stitt phil at octopusmusic.com
Wed Mar 15 00:01:12 CST 2006

Hello. I have two questions tonight:

NewPageBoxPlus:
I have a group on my site called "Forum" and another group called
"Pizza". I have a NewPageBoxPlus form on Pizza.HomePage. If I type in
"cheese" and hit enter, it takes me to the edit form for a page called
Pizza.Cheese, which is great - but if I type in "forum", it takes me to
the edit form for Forum.HomePage. I tried using (:newpagebox
base=Pizza:) and (:newpagebox base=Pizza.HomePage:), and even
(:newpagebox base=?Group:) and (:newpagebox base={?Group}:), but I
always end up at Forum.HomePage.

Is there a way to make sure the new page is created in the current
group, without the user having to type the group name into the box?

Forums:
I want users to be able to create a forum in any group, which
"forumstyled.php" doesn't appear to allow (without access to config
file). Forum.php (versions 1,2 & 3) does allow this, but all of the
reply links have numbers appended to them, like:
"IKnowWhatYouMean65146", "TellMeAboutIt54464", etc. Anyone have an idea
of what this could be?

Thanks!
Phil