[pmwiki-users] the new FAQ-o-matic (was: Re: Deny viewing the history)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 13 12:21:27 CST 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 10:08:16AM -0700, pmwiki at ben-amotz.com wrote:
> So, for this to work, we need to add a FAQ section at the end of a
> documentation page that begins with the following markup:
> >>faq<< [[#faq]]
>
> And it will automatically be included in the FAQ page, which ends with
> the following pagelist:
>
> (:pagelist trail=PmWiki.DocumentationIndex "[[#faq]]" fmt=#includefaq:)
>
> Does the new FAQ section have to be at the bottom of the page?
> [...]
> If the FAQ does not have to be at the bottom of the page below the trail
> markup, then the issue is whether there is should be a suggested
> standardized location.

You're correct that it doesn't have to be at the bottom;
the fmt=#includefaq option says to display all text between a
[[#faq]] and [[#faqend]] anchors.

That said, I think that putting all of the questions at the end
of each page, after the trail, makes the most sense.  The trail
makes a natural dividing line between "the documentation" and
"questions related to the documentation".