[pmwiki-users] the new FAQ-o-matic (was: Re: Deny viewing the history)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Mon Mar 13 11:24:13 CST 2006

At 2006-03-13  10:08 AM -0700, pmwiki at ben-amotz.com is rumored to have said:
>Does the new FAQ section have to be at the bottom of the page?
>
>...snip...
>If the FAQ does not have to be at the bottom of the page below the trail
>markup, then the issue is whether there is should be a suggested
>standardized location.

I would suggest that the FAQ section should appear at the bottom. I
makes it easy to see the questions as a group. It doesn't chop up the
page the way inline questions do. It is very similar to the
"comments" section that appears at the bottom of a lot of recipes in
the cookbook.

When I am looking at a new topic, I want to be able to read the page
and then (possibly) read the questions and comments that people have
left behind. However, I know that it is very tempting when asking a
question to put it in the middle of the page, close to the spot that
seems relevant rather than at the bottom.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668