[pmwiki-users] Troubleshooting versus FAQ versus Error Messages versus ...?

Susan pmwiki at onebit.ca
Sat Mar 11 20:29:49 CST 2006

My take is:

FAQ and Questions are synonymous. Research in advance of trying
something, or maybe fine tuning something. Do I want to / how do I use
this product / skin / recipe? How do I do something?

Troubleshooting is when something doesn't work. You've already tried to
get it working. Might be critical, might be minor. I'm partial to a tree
(not necessarily binary) for this. The goal is to get the person to the
answer as fast as possible.

Error messages are a subset of troubleshooting. The user has tried to
install it and may have succeeded. Critical and often easy to resolve if
you know the system.

Susan