[pmwiki-users] RFC: Expanding the PmWiki.FAQ

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Thu Mar 9 14:19:30 CST 2006

Chris Cox wrote:
> christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
>> On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Chris Cox wrote:
>>
>>> Yes I think that's a good approach.  At work we are only running 2.0 and
>>> we don't have the extra pagelist support (at least I believe that is the
>>> case) and we use (:include:) to pull in the FAQs into one page, each
>>> section with a self referencing link and (:toc:) so you can narrow
>>> things down easily.
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> I'm curious... I tried your example:
>>
>> 	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Christian/TestFAQ
>>
>> and I got several TOCs at the beginning - don't you get that?
>
> Nope.. but I do use our own version of the pagetoc recipe,
> based on an older version.
>
> I put up an example at my site.. use action=source to see
> the page sources.
>
> http://theendlessnow.com/ten/FAQ/FAQ
>
> The empty tables do result in a small artifact.. the
> original pagetoc didn't allow multiples on a page... I'm
> exploiting that "feature".  I reduced the empty table
> artifact by eliminating the border around the table, without
> using a table, you won't even get those thin horizontal
> lines.
>
> I can post our pagetoc recipe ... but it's just a slightly
> modified version of the one from Sept/Oct of last year.

I put the self-referencing links on each page just so
you can see the inclusion better... our one at work doesn't
have those, but rather puts a self referencing link with appropriate
page anchor into each faq item header.

For example the Sun FAQ lines would be:

! [[#DriveSize]][[Unix/SunFAQ#DriveSize| How big of a drive can a Sun
box handle?]]

I'll go ahead and make that change as well...