[pmwiki-users] questions about permissions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 2 21:34:15 CST 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 09:37:59PM -0500, Tom Rue wrote:
>    I just installed PmWiki yesterday and it seems like exactly what I was
>    looking for. Can anyone help me understand and get rid of these two error
>    messages that appear at the bottom of my pages:
>
>    "Warning: Unknown:
>    open(E:\WINDOWS\TEMP\\sess_048b9434949d7376076bc669add9cd20, O_RDWR)
>    failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0" and
>
>    "Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify
>    that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on
>    line 0"

Your PHP configuration isn't properly set up for being able to
save PHP session files -- the webserver may not have permission to
write files to E:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ .  It's also possible that Windows is
confused by the pathname that is resulting from the default
setting, so you might try one of the following near the top
of your local/config.php file:

    session_save_path('E:/windows/temp');

    session_save_path('C:/temp');

The PHP docs also indicate that this step is required for Windows
systems running PHP versions prior to 4.3.6.

Hope this helps -- if not, let us know and we may be able to troubleshoot
further.