[pmwiki-users] questions about permissions

Tom Rue tomrue at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 20:37:59 CST 2006

I just installed PmWiki yesterday and it seems like exactly what I was
looking for. Can anyone help me understand and get rid of these two error
messages that appear at the bottom of my pages:

"Warning: Unknown:
open(E:\WINDOWS\TEMP\\sess_048b9434949d7376076bc669add9cd20, O_RDWR) failed:
Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0" and

"Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that
the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0"

With regard to the first message, my Windows\Temp directory is empty, so I
have no idea what it means.
And secondly, what practices are recommended on Win2k3 with regard to
permissions? Currently I have the wiki in a password protected directory and
I may keep it that way. However, if I were to open it up to the web, what
security settings would minimize the risk of intrusion or abuse?

Thanks!

Tom

--
                   /}