[pmwiki-users] Getting unstyled HTML from the wiki

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Mar 1 23:01:40 CST 2006

On Thursday, 2 March 2006 5:28 PM, Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz> wrote:
>Is it possible to get completely skin-less HTML from PmWiki? The reason for
>this, is I want to embed a help system into a program. What I would like to
>do is write the documentation on the wiki, and then when I build a version of
>the program, it scrapes the latest version off the wiki page, without the
>skinning, crawls it to pick up the images and linked-to pages, and chucks
>them into the program's build directory.
>
>Would the best way be for me to write a totally minimal skin (pretty much just
>header, footer, and insertion point for the wiki page) and
>use ?skin=something, or is there a better way?

Yes. The following page uses basically the default pmwiki skin:
http://www.wikipublisher.org/wiki/index.php?n=AccessControl.SplashScreen

You need the following directives on the page:

(:noheader:)(:nofooter:)(:notitle:)(:noleft:)

plus your local/config.php will need:

$HTMLStylesFmt[] = "div#wikicmds { display: none; }";

Is this what you are after?
--
JR