[pmwiki-users] Newbie - %right% + %newwin% + %color%...

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Wed Jun 14 08:04:29 CDT 2006

phdb wrote:
> Hi!
> I started using pmwiki last week. I think it is a very, very good product.
> I have one question:
> When I write %right%%newwin% Go to [[http://mypc|MyPC]], it works well.
> When I write %right%%newwin% Go to %red%[[http://mypc|MyPC]]%%, it works
> too but it doesn't open a new window. It does the same if I use
> %target__blank% or %newwin%.
> It seems that if I add a color option, then the %newwin% command isn't
> understood.
> How can I solve this ?

I believe that styles generally don't nest and that, as a result, one
style can cause a prior style to terminate.  For example, when you added
a blank style after the link in your second example, it caused the prior
style, %red% to terminate.  Thus, when you add the %red% style, it
causes %newwin% to terminate, just as if you had written %%.

The solution should be to just use a single style statement that
contains all of your specifications, like %right newwin red%

(If the *combination* of certain predefined styles seems to cause
problems at some point, then you might want to follow your own
suggestion and try spelling out the underlying statement (as you noted,
trying target_blank in place of its shortcut %newwin%)

At some point you might want to consider explicitly using the apply
argument, documented at PmWiki/WikiStyles.

You also might find it useful to explore some of the test pages that
people have used in working through issues with images, for example:

Test/ImageFrameTest
Test/ImageLines
Test/ImageThumbLink

Pico