[pmwiki-users] Tip on CMS like wiki (Was: tighten up some settings?)

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 17:16:23 CDT 2006

On 6/2/06, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
<christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Tegan Dowling wrote:
>
> > This reminded me to update that information with some additional pieces
> > that I've been using on my relatively cms-like wikis.
>
> That reminds me... would you mind giving a link to your CMS-like wikis?
> I'm interested in seeing what they look like, I might be interested in
> trying to use something like that.
>
> If others have tip on CMS skins that they think work well, I'd also be
> interested.

My most CMS-ish have been private to their users, so I can't provide
links.  But like Chris, I figure this term is largely in the eye of
the beholder.

I have a new one at http://ManyMatters.com that I'm experimenting
with.  Log in there with the password "guest", if you like.  Let me
know there (use the comment link at the top of the page, or set up a
discussion page) or here, or in direct email, what you think, or to
ask questions about what I've done (or more likely why I've done it),
or if you want a WikiGroup (I use the term "page-group" there) of your
own to experiment with.

I haven't restricted ?action=source on any of the only-admin-can-edit
pages, by the way, so you can see what's what on Main/SideBar and
Site/SideBar etc.

We could create a discussion page right on the PmWiki site for this,
don't you think?  I'd especially like to see what ideas others have
for the more CMS-ish kind of site when they don't employ user-based
authentication.  All the existing PmWiki Cookbook pages assume either
AuthUser or UserAuth.  But I'm managing without either one -
especially now that we know about (:if enabled AuthPw:) to recognized
logged-in status.