[pmwiki-users] Listing uploads and overwriting files when uploading

Viktors Zilinskis royce at e-no.lv
Mon Jul 31 14:44:22 CDT 2006

Thank you for replies and hello again!

This time I have two questions regarding uploads:
1. As I understand (:attachlist:) lists all the uploads in the current
WikiGroup, not the current page. Is it possible to make PmWiki list
files uploaded from the current page, not WikiGroup? One solution, of
course, is to create a lot of different groups instead of creating a lot
of pages in the same group. (I'm making a site for our course at
university and initially planned to create a group "Subjects" with pages
"Algebra", "Geometry"... etc. But as I'd like uploads to be listed for
each subject separately, obviously I'll have to create groups "Algebra",
"Geometry"... etc instead of pages under "Subjects" group.
2. I just checked that in case I add an upload with the same name as an
existing one, PmWiki won't warn me about that and will overwrite
existing upload silently. This might become confusing considering that
most people will not check whether their upload name is different from
those existing. Is there any way to prevent this happening?

Viktors Zilinskis