[pmwiki-users] DOCTYPE suppression is that bad?

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Wed Jul 26 16:12:24 CDT 2006

I have a javascript which works fine in Mozilla, Opera,... but happens
to have problems in IE.
I tried and saw that, in case I comment out the doctype

<! DOCTYPE html
    PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

at the beginning of the template, the javascript works smoothly in IE too.
Also, I did not notice any negative behaviour overall.
The whole site *seems* to work fine, still.

Should I feel safe this way, or anybody of you have a warning agaist
suppressing such a doctype in pmwiki?

Luigi