[pmwiki-users] Spurious Emails from Notify

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jul 14 12:55:01 CDT 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 01:47:01PM -0400, Kurt Devlin wrote:
>    I got it... It was my eagerness to make it easy for the user to update the
>    Site.NotifyList with as little intervention from me as possible. I had the
>    additional information (see below) on the Site.NotifyList. The
>    ":notify:Email address to notify." line was interpreted as a notify line
>    and defaulted to appending the local server name onto the word "email" and
>    treating is as the address.

Yup, that would do it.  In this case, PmWiki thinks that the notify
line is part of a definition list, and accepts it.  That's probably
incorrect, so I'll remove definition lists from the list of acceptable
lines (but bullets and numbered lists will still work).

I can also have it require an '@' in an email address to be valid.

>    There also looks like there is an issue if there is a trailing space after
>    the "notify=" that causes the email to not make it to it's intended
>    recipients. Is there any checking that would [...]
>    make it less sensitive to white space?

Not easily, since whitespace is what PmWiki uses to delimit options
from each other.