[pmwiki-users] Spurious Emails from Notify

Kurt Devlin kurt.devlin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 12:47:01 CDT 2006

I got it... It was my eagerness to make it easy for the user to update the
Site.NotifyList with as little intervention from me as possible. I had the
additional information (see below) on the Site.NotifyList. The
":notify:Email address to notify." line was interpreted as a notify line and
defaulted to appending the local server name onto the word "email" and
treating is as the address.

There also looks like there is an issue if there is a trailing space after
the "notify=" that causes the email to not make it to it's intended
recipients. Is there any checking that would make sense to prevent the false
identification of an email address from happening like this and to make it
less sensitive to white space? Can the email addresses be optionally
validated so that they match XXX at YYY.ZZZ or something else that might limit
this behaviour?

Thanks,
Kurt

--- Begin Site.NotifyList ---
This page contains configuration settings for the [[PmWiki/Notify]] feature.

:NOTE:The settings are not viewable until you edit the page.

!!Defaults
:Notify Delay:The length of time (seconds) to wait before sending mail after
the first post. '''Currently 0.'''
:Notify Squelch:The default minimum time (seconds) that must elapse between
sending mail messages. '''Currently 3600 (1 hour).''' \\
''You can override this with the squelch attribute below.''

!!Configuration Attributes
:notify:Email address to notify. (''required'')
:group:Group to monitor for changes. Preceed group name with a minus to
negate. (''optional'')
:name:Page to monitor for changes. (''optional'')
:trail:Page containing arbitrary watchlists of pages to monitor. See
[[PmWiki/WikiTrails]]. (''optional'')
:squelch:Specify a custom minimum time (seconds) that must elapse between
sending mail messages. (''optional'')

(:if false:)
    # notify Kurt Devlin of changes to pages listed in Profiles.KurtDevlin
    notify=kurt.devlin at gmail.com trail=Profiles.KurtDevlin squelch=1
(:ifend:)
--- End Site.NotifyList ---