[pmwiki-users] persistence of login (hello?)

Marc Cooper gmane at auxbuss.com
Mon Jul 10 03:38:18 CDT 2006

Kathryn Andersen said...
> Posting this again, since it seems to have dropped off the radar.
>
> I am running PmWiki for our intranet at work, and users have been
> complaining that they keep on getting logged out; they want the login to
> last as long as the browser is open, but they log in, do stuff, and then
> come back the next day to find that they've been logged out again.
>
> Apache: 2.0.46
> PHP: 4.3.2
> PmWiki: 2.1.5
> using AuthUser + htpasswd + FAST Membership
> No password required for reading, just for editing.
>
> What do I need to do to make sure that their logins don't expire (at
> least, don't expire for a month or something like that)?
>
> Note that I have tried changing settings in Firefox to expire cookies
> only when the browser closes, and that doesn't seem to make any difference.

As far as I can see, log-ins are locked to the browser session. So, if
you don't close the browser - or logout, obviously - then you should
stay logged in. I'd also be interested to hear if this isn't so.

That said, I can't speak for htpasswd and FAST Membership, since I don't
use them. It would seem unlikely that would alter the session info. I
had a quick look at the code, and neither seem to.

I seem to remember that the default when changing attributes is to wipe
the session - I switched it off - so that might be a place to look. I
also have vague memories of a recipe doing the same.

--
Best,
Marc