[pmwiki-users] Checking permissions in the template?

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 15:05:17 CDT 2006

On 7/1/06, Stirling Westrup <sti at pooq.com> wrote:
> Dominique Faure wrote:
>
> > In order to prevent automatic <p> tags inclusion, you should try using
> > a <:block> directive as in:
> > <!--markup:<:block>(:if auth edit:)(:include {$Group}.PageActions
> > {$SiteGroup}.PageActions:)(:if !auth
> > edit:)[[{$FullName}?action=login|Login]](:ifend:)-->
>
> That's something I've been meaning to ask about: I've never seen mention
> of the <:block> directive anywhere in the PmWiki docs. What exactly is
> it, and are there any other's like it?
>
> (I could swear I've seen other similar HTML-ish markups on this list
> from time to time, with never an explanation.)

Roughly speaking, these are internal markup directives used during the
page translation when regular wiki directives and/or related text
fragments need to be converted to specific html block structures.

In this case, using <:block> prevent the default translation as paragraph.

Regards,
Dom

Regards,
Dom