[pmwiki-users] More AuthUser problems

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Jul 1 08:58:09 CDT 2006

On Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 12:49:23AM -0000, fjumaqu02 at sneakemail.com wrote:
> I had the session_save_path line in my config, but had it pointing at a non-existant subdir.  Stupid me!
> However, when I point it to an existing subdir, I get the local value, but not the Master value.

This is normal; the "local" value indicates the one
that is in effect when the program is running.  The "master"
value indicates the global default setting as given by the
PHP config.

> And the passwords still don't work.

Ouch.

In read-reading your original post on this topic
(http://www.pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2006-June/029203.html)
I didn't notice that you set any passwords that were using the
"id:" format.

For example, you had in your config.php:

    $DefaultPasswords['read'] = crypt('read');

This means that the *only* way anyone can read a page is by knowing
the read password (unless there are per-page or per-group passwords
in effect).

If you want to also allow Alice to read pages, then you need

    $DefaultPasswords['read'] = array(crypt('read'), 'id:Alice');

Then Alice can use her username and password to get access to a page.

If you want to also allow *anyone* with a valid name and password to
be able to read pages, use:

    $DefaultPasswords['read'] = array(crypt('read'), 'id:*');

More likely you just want to allow read access to anyone with a
valid login, which would be

    $DefaultPasswords['read'] = 'id:*';

Let me know if that helps...?