[pmwiki-users] Automatic Group for Authenticated Users in AuthUser . . .

Susan pmwiki at onebit.ca
Sat Jan 28 16:47:59 CST 2006

Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud <at> pobox.com> writes:
> I spent a short period of time integrating .htgroup into AuthUser,
> and I still plan to do it, but unfortunately it wasn't as straightforward
> as I had hoped.  I basically have to either rewrite it as a special
> case in the code, make the general case a bit more complex, or
> rework (yet again!) how AuthUser is storing its internal data
> structures.  So, I put it on hold for a short bit so I could think
> about it some more and resolve some of the other issues that needed
> resolving.

I haven't been following the discussion (was leaving it until I had more time to
digest it), but this snippet worried me, maybe unnecessarily.

As an administrator, I'd rather not play around with .htaccess / .htgroup /
.htpassword . I'm quite content to let CPanel (my admin package) deal with it,
and not worry about forgetting a semi-colon or a key parameter.

So, please leave a method for us timid souls who don't want to play with site
settings when managing our wiki users.

Thanks,

Susan