[pmwiki-users] AuthUser or UserAuth?

Allister Jenks arj at zkarj.co.nz
Wed Jan 25 01:41:14 CST 2006

I've read up on both solutions.  One seems easier to implement (AuthUser),
the other to administer (UserAuth), but I can't get my head around
UserAuth's mechanics enough to understand which will be better in my
situation.  Could some of you please weigh in on which way you think I
should go please...

1) This is a brand new install of PmWiki - I haven't even installed the
files, so any version is ok.

2) All editing will be done by admin only.

3) A portion of the site (Main and one or more other Groups) will be open to
anyone to see.

4) Other Groups on the site will be accessible (readable) only to those who
have been issued an id and password.

5) Users are issued an id and password when they pay for it - hence not just
using standard PmWiki security.

6) To clarify - paying for the id and password entitles the user to access
to a Group on the site.  It may be that different amounts give access to
different Groups or multiple Groups.  Hence it will be necessary to restrict
Groups to groups of users.

I like the idea of the admin interfaces and users being able to change their
own password offered by UserAuth, but am not sure if it fits the bill per
above.  As a techie, I can cope with editing of password files, but it would
be nice if my wife (who will be coming up with the content) could set up new
users via the browser.

Users will have to be set up by admin, as there will be no payment gateway
integration.

Any thoughts, suggestions appreciated.

--
Allister