[pmwiki-users] Embedding a pmwiki inside a site

GravyFace gravyface at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 21:53:36 CST 2006

On 1/18/06, Ali Baba <mail.alibaba at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         I would like to completely embed PmWiki inside a website. For this, I
> have a simple php script that :
> #1: prepares and outputs some some html for the top of the page,
> manages sessions, etc.;
> #2: includes PmWiki for embedding inside the page;
> #3: prepares and outputs some some html for the bottom of the page,
> closes sessions, etc.

I think its important to define "embed in site".  Are you seeking more
of a cosmetic integration, i.e. sharing the same presentation layer or
are you looking at integrating security/sessions too?  I used XML-RPC
to authenticate PmWiki users against our JIRA Bug Management system
and it was very easy to do (thank you Patrick).

An iframe might work, if a) your audience is using fairly recent
browsers b) you're not planning on security/session integration.

Perhaps giving us some more details on your planned integration may be
more helpful.