[pmwiki-users] UserAuth question

rene beekman r at raakvlak.net
Thu Jan 19 10:30:04 CST 2006

hi,
i've been playing around with an installation of pmwiki for a few days
now and have found it by far the easiest wiki installation that i've
tried.
even with my extremely limited skills in php
very impressive!

i'm setting up a website where i don't want regular visitors to be able
to, or even see the edit, page history, etc links
i've installed UserAuth for user-based access control and that all
seems to work fine.
__seems, because i can get the "edit sideBar" link to disappear when i
logout, but i cannot do the same trick to the footer of the actual
page...

searching the archive i found the solution that hagan suggested a few
days ago:
> Maybe use <!--markup:--> in your template.  Try this (unwrapped so
> it's on one line) :
>
>     <<!--markup:(:if ! auth edit :)[[({$Name}?action=)login]](:if auth
> edit:)[[({$Name}?action=)logout]]-->
>
> or
>
>     <!--markup:(:if loggedin true:) [ [[{$Name}?action=edit|Edit]] ] [
> [[{$Name}?action=edit|View]] ] (:if:)-->

which does work, but ends up being a bit of a pain when the list of
links to be hidden gets too long
(also, why are the links formatted in <pre></pre> pairs????????? )
getting the original (:if loggedin true:) HiddenLink (:if:) to work
would be more elegant and flexible - and it would respect my layout as
a bonus.... :)
any suggestions on why (:if loggedin true:)(:if:) would work in the
sideBar but doesn't when it's wrapped in a div in a page?

thanks in advance!
rene